Here are some interesting takeaways from their site:
- Companies pay 30% more for team players than for people with attention-to-detail! (So now you know what to write in your resume 🙂
- Dangerous jobs are highly paying – Applying for work permit in Afghanistan or Iraq? Maybe it’s the adventure or maybe the jobs just pay.
- Bad news for Bloggers – Do you love blogging so much that you’re considering giving up your day time job? Think twice baby!! – You may not earn so much.
- Its a myth that big companies pay well. Infact, average salaries at early-stage companies are significantly higher than those at Fortune 500 companies.
- Product Manager’s average salary is $80K (too less!!::(:(), while a Software Engineer earns $77K. And Project Manager gets $104K!
Though the numbers are in $$s, it does offer you a ball-park figure of the industry standard vs. your current salary.
While the validity of the data can be questioned, Indeed’s Salary Search (as they claim) is based on an index of salary information extracted from over 50 million job postings from thousands of unique sources over the last 12 months.
Indeed’s salary search shows you what current job openings are paying and this is what matters if you are in the job market.
A similar service has been launched: payscale.com – This relies on a give-and-take policy. In order to get the general info on salary and perks for your role, you need to disclose your salary details (position/co. details/location etc). The free account will give you reports on salary/compensation etc. The interesting part about payscale is that it’s based on user generated content.
So go ahead, compare your salary with others and give sleepless nights to your boss!!
Also see: Bitch about yout boss
Filed Under: salary comparison