As per Kevin Dutton, a psychologist, there exists a tribe of workplace psychopaths. These workplace psychopaths show a high number of the following behavioural patterns.
- Public humiliation of others (high propensity of having temper tantrums or ridiculing work performance)
- Malicious spreading of lies (intentionally deceitful)
- Remorseless, or devoid of guilt
- Frequently lies to push his/her point
- Produces exaggerated bodily expressions (yawning, sneezing, etc.) as a means of gaining attention
- Rapidly shifts between emotions – used to manipulate people or cause high anxiety
And the top 10 professions are?
- Media (TV/radio)
- Police officer
- Civil servant