- Orkut leads in the Indian subcontinent, as well as Brazil;
- Facebook is stronger, internationally, than Myspace, with surprising strongholds in the Middle East;
- hi5.com is the most international of all the social networks, leading in Peru, Colombia, Central America, and other, scattered countries such as Mongolia, Romania, and Tunisia;
- both Bebo and Skyblog follow colonial patterns, the first strong in smaller English-speaking countries such as Ireland and New Zealand, and the latter in Francophone countries;
- and Friendster, the original social network, leads all across Southeast Asia.
- Fotolog, a photo service defeated in the US by Friendster, has re-emerged as the dominant social network in Argentina and Chile.
- Blogger is famous in Iran and Spain!
I wonder why Blogger has been included in this list. I agree with inclusion of LiveJournal (since it’s a walled-garden blogging network), but why Blogger? Is it a social network? How? If that’s the case, where is WordPress?
>> More here.
Technorati tags: social networks