XOLO has launched the X1000 Android smartphone and priced it at Rs 19,999. XOLO claims that this is the fastest smartphone in the world.
The XOLO X1000 has a 4.7-inch 720p curved glass display. The device is just 9.1 mm thick and is powered by a 2GHz Intel Atom Z2480 processor. It has a 8 MP camera and a 1900mAh battery. The phone has 1GB RAM, 8GB of internal storage which can be increased with a microSD card up to 32 GB. The phone runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, which definitely comes as a disappointment. XOLO itself has two Jelly Bean smartphones in its portfolio – the Q800 and A1000.
The Intel processor in X1000 is based on Medfield Platform and not on Clover Trail+, which is actually a generation old. Intel had announced the Clover Trail+ platform at Mobile World Congress last month. Many people speculated that this phone would come with the new faster chip.
The company’s X900 and X500 also have an Intel chip powering the phone.
It will be available in store from March 21st.
- Screen: 4.7-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) capacitive touch screen, 314 PPI
- OS: Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Processor: 2 GHz Intel Atom Z2480 processor with a 400 MHz PowerVR SGX540 GPU
- Camera: 8 megapixel rear camera; 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory, up to 32 GB expandable memory with microSD
- Battery: 1900 mAh battery
- Price: Rs 19,999