Yahoo has rolled out a new mobile app developer suite that’s built on data and technology from Flurry (acquired in August 2014) and BrightRoll (acquired in December 2014) in conjunction to its own.
The suite is made up of 5 products – Flurry Analytics with Explorer, Flurry Pulse, Yahoo App Publishing, Yahoo Search in Apps, and Yahoo App Marketing – which will help developers measure, advertise, monetize and enhance their apps.
Here’s A Rundown Of The Tools The Suite Offers:
- Flurry Analytics Explorer is an update to Flurry Analytics with an easy to used data exploration interface that doesn’t require writing code, building queries or implementation of a new SDK
- Flurry Pulse makes it easy for developers to share insights with partners using their existing Flurry SDK without the need for proliferation and additional engineering work
- Yahoo App Publishing has now been opened up to third party developers, allowing them to monetize apps with high-quality native, video and display ads
- Yahoo Search in Apps makes it easier for developers to integrate Yahoo Search into their apps, thereby creating an additional monetization channel
- Yahoo App Marketing (powered by Gemini) allows developers to efficiently acquire new users, by buying targeted native and video advertising across Yahoo’s content services network
Yahoo is looking to capitalize on Flurry’s deep understanding of the mobile ecosystem and its vast audience across devices to help developers better monetize their apps and grow their user base.
Flurry already has 200,000 developers who’ve developed 630,000 apps that reach 1.6 billion devices.