In my earlier review of Indian local search market, few points came out very strongly:
- You can’t really beat Google in the local search by *claiming” to have a better algo (beat them at the global level first),
- And the only way one can beat Google is to either build more services around search or do a real deep dive in the local market.
YepMe has organized searches based on few categories – Restaurants/Nightlife and Bars/Hotels/Shopping/Beauty & Wellness/Movies and Events; and has built contextual info based on categories, i,e.
- If you are searching for restaurant, you can filter the search results by looking for meal with two in price range of 500/1000 etc; liquor (yes/no)
- Similarly, for nighlife/bars, you can filter by the price of beer as well as type of music (indian/western/mixed)
- for movies – filter by language/show timings
YepMe also has a mobile version – send YEPME <cityname> <query> to 53030
Overall, excellent execution and a true deep dive search. What’s your take?
YepMe is currently available only in New Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon and Noida.
tags: yepme, local