A Product Manager at a startup has to typically deal with 3 main phases – formation, validation and growth. And each of these phases has their distinct requirements. In this enlightening article by Vivek Lakshman, VP Innovation @ Pramati Technologies, he writes about how a Product Manager can go about dealing with the challenge.
In the formation stage:
- Providing clarity of purpose.
- Synthesizing from the abstract when it comes to vision and features.
- Leapfrogging with partners.
In the validation stage:
- Exuding self-belief in the product.
- Setting Product boundaries.
- Showing empathy with customers.
In the growth phase:
- Identifying and nurturing talent.
- Fostering an engineering-design partnership.
- Allowing controlled disorder in innovation and growth strategy.