Uber has shared the top trends of 2017 – interesting data backed insights on how Uber and Uber Eats has touched millions of Indians this year.
Here are some interesting data points.
- Uber’s busiest day in India is Friday and the busiest hour of the week is 6 p.m. when riders are perhaps making a speedy get away from work. The most Ubers were taken on the August 11, which also happens to be pre-Independence Day Friday.
- Rider from Delhi, NCR has taken the highest number of Uber rides – 1,969 trips in 2017, that’s almost 5 trips a day!
- Bangalore and Hyderabad saw the highest number of uberPOOL trips taken by riders in 2017, followed by Kolkata and Delhi.
A female rider in Hyderabad took a record 1,162 uberPOOL trips this year
- Riders from India took Ubers in 566 cities across 80 countries. The most-popular travel destinations include U.S, Singapore, Malaysia, U.K and UAE.
- Uber hit the 500 millionth trip milestone on July 17 this year. Riders and driver-partners have travelled over 5.8 billion KMs together.
What about UberEats?
UberEATS expanded into 6 cities in 7 months in India and..
Highest number of orders was made on June 18 and the most ordered dishes on Uber Eats were Samosa Chole, Aloo Tikki Burger and Chicken Biryani.
While Indian cuisine continued to top the list of most ordered cuisines by Indians, it was closely followed by Middle Eastern and American. Cairns, Adelaide, Bangkok, Gold Coast and New Castle were five other cities that enjoyed Indian food.