Pune based Adaptive 3D Technologies is Engineering Tools Software Company that has developed “AdaptiveCAD” which is India’s First Indigenously built 2D and 3D Solid Modeling Product to suit the needs of Indian and Asian Markets.
The product brings in a strong visual experience which improves the work flow of Designers, Draftsmen to help them speed up their “Product Development “Process whereby improving the overall NPI (New Product Introduction) Cycle.
Features of the Product
- India’s First Indigenously built Integrated 2D & 3D CAD System
- Combines Strong Part & Assembly Modeling, Sketching and Drafting Features
- Developed Unique IP – Hybrid Assembly, Rapid Prototyping etc
- Increased modifying flexibility with Disruption Free Design
- Expandable to fully integrated third party CAD/CAM Solutions and Strong Interoperability with existing Customer engineering platforms
- Localized to fit the needs of Indian and Asian markets
- Enhanced Design Re-use and Capability to efficiently manage 2D and 3D Design Data.
The company is currently targeting customers in the following four verticals (and is inviting individuals and organizations to participate in their “Beta” validation of the product)
- Manufacturing ( Machinery, Mold, Tool & Die )
- Consumer Products
- Education Institutes( Universities, Engineering Colleges, Technical Institutes)
- Product Design , Engineering Services Companies and Independent Vendors
Use Case: Simple Design Workflow of Castor Assembly in AdaptiveCAD
We asked the team to share use cases of the product, in order to better understand the product capability.
What is Castor?
A caster (or castor) is an undriven, single, double, or compound wheel that is designed to be mounted to the bottom of a larger object (the “vehicle”) so as to enable that object to be easily moved. They are commonly made of rubber, plastic, nylon, aluminum, stainless steel and available in various sizes and forms.
Casters are found in numerous Practical applications, including shopping carts, office chairs, and material handling equipment
Before manufacturing various components of castor, it needs to go though Digital Prototyping & Analysis phase for Development of Final Assembly and Subsequent process like strength analysis and testing
Digital Design/Prototyping using AdaptiveCAD involve following steps during Development of a Castor Assembly
Step 1: Part Design in AdaptiveCAD: The following video shows making of Wheel in AdaptiveCAD.
The video shows making sketches (using various geometries) which are then used to make various features of Wheel, for example holes etc. Features contain shape information and parametric information. Some of the properties that need to be encoded from features are assembly method, manufacturing process and tolerances to be used while manufacturing.
Step 2: Assembly Development in AdaptiveCAD: The following video shows assembling of various components into a Final Assembly which is ready for Manufacturing
You can sign up for beta from the site.
[Adaptive 3D was selected as one of the Top 10 Startups at UnPluggd 2.0 in November last year. ]