Limitless – Jim Kwik
The Hero’s journey is the perfect structure to lend power and purpose to your personal story. In Limitless you are the superhero.
Jim Kwik: “The Kid with the Broken Brain” to remembering hundreds of names in his talks, remembering 100 digits, and recalling it from the back… The renowned brain coach Jim Kwik.
Subscribe to Miniwise Newsletter (Free!)
Miniwise newsletter brings you one great bite-sized idea every day, curated from world's best non-fiction books, articles, podcasts..and more. An entire new world in just 5 minutes!
The child who took an extra three years to learn how to read now reads one book per week.
To becoming limitless you need right 3Ms – Mindset, Motivation and Method.
For having a correct mindset –
- Make a list of your limiting beliefs.
- Get the facts about those beliefs.
- Create New beliefs.
7 Lies of Learning
- Intelligence is Fixed.
- We use only 10% of your brain.
- Mistakes are Failures.
- Knowledge is Power. (Without implementation it’s useless)
- Learning new things is Difficult.
- Criticism of Others matters.
- Genius is born. (Not born. It’s made through deep practice.)
If an egg is broken by an outside force LIFE ends. If broken by an inside force, LIFE begins. Great things always begin from inside.
Remember the formula
Motivation = Purpose * Energy * S3
S3 = Small Simple Steps
Setting SMART Goals
S – Specific
M – Measurable
A – Actionable
R – Realistic
T – Time-based (with a deadline)
And the work should go Head –> Heart –> Hands — in this way.
Brain Foods: Avocadoes, Blueberries, Broccoli, Dark Chocolate, Eggs, Green vegetables, salmon, Sardines, Caviar, Turmeric, Walnuts, and Water.
Killing ANT’s (Automatic Negative Thoughts)
Small Simple Steps (S3) start with Habit Loop (from the book ‘Atomic Habits’ by James Clear).
Create some morning habits.
For getting into the flow
- Remove distractions
- Give yourself enough time
- Do something you love
- Set Clear Goals
- Challenge a little
The enemies of Flow,
- Fear of failure
- Lack of conviction
Practice focus – Limit distractions
Study – Try to use
- Active Recall
- Spaced Repetition
- State of Mind
- Music for mind
- Take note and Highlight
Memory – To Improve try to use
B – Believe (you can remember)
E – Exercise (Do it as often as you can)
S – Say It (when the person says its name)
U – Use it (in the conversation)
A – Ask it (about its meaning or where it come from)
V – Visualise (as a picture of that name)
E – End it (by saying the name)
The barriers to increasing reading speed
- Regression: Going to the previous word to read it again. To stop it use a visual pacer. Underline the words that you read with your finger (in pc use your cursor.)
- Subvocalization: The voice in your mind that speaks with you while you read. To stop this just count (1,2,3,4,5…) loudly while you read.
- Word by Word Reading: Try to see a chunk of words at once and understand its means by a picture in your mind.
Just practice more to increase your reading speed.
Learning any Skill
FASTER way to learn any skills
F – Forget (what you knew about it – fresh start)
A – Act (participate in the learning)
S – State (learning is state-dependent – get into the alpha state)
T – Teach (others & share with others)
E – Enter (in your daily calendar)
R – Review (after some time)